Chris's Rants

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

You know Dubya's in trouble when...

Today, my son IM'ed me to ask me, out of the blue, how he could get an absentee ballot to vote next month.

Whoa!

This is the same person whom my wife and I were urging, not 5 months ago, to at least watch "The Daily Show" every night so he could stay somewhat up to speed on current events (he almost never watches TV, muchless TV news, preferring PlayStation activity or simply hanging out in IM-land with his friends, and was completely oblivious to current events). We even tried to use his best friend, who watched CNN regularly while he was staying with us this summer, as an example that he should emulate, to no avail so we thought.

I'm wondering if the rampant rumors of a resurrection of the draft circulating amongst college students hasn't stirred this new-found interest in politics.

Regardless of his motivation, it certainly made me feel proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home