Chris's Rants

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Quote of the Day

The NYT's Qoute of the Day:
'It would have been messy, ugly and an embarrassment to President Bush, so I withdrew my name.' BERNARD B. KERIK, who was nominated to be Homeland Security secretary.
I wonder if Kerik was referring to his potential future as Secretary of Homeland Security, or to the Senate confirmation hearings for his nomination:-)

On a more serious note, you'd think that the first question asked by the legal team that vets Bush's propspective nominees would be: "Have you, or anyone in your immediate family, ever employed a Nanny?" after the nannygate incident that derailed Linda Chavez's nomination in Bush's first term.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again?

The real loser in all this controversy is Roooooodeeee. Gee, what a shame. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home