Chris's Rants

Monday, May 16, 2005

What goes down,,,

Must come up? Hmmm... based on Bush's most recent polling statistics we should be expecting a new terror alert any day now.

You'd think that the MSM would be looking more closely into the question of why there hasn't been a terror alert since the election. But, I digress.

Seems to me that the fact that 58% of Americans oppose Frist's use of the "nuclear option" versus only 28% who approve might weigh heavily on a few Republican Senators up for reelection in 2006. Despite the fact that I think that it would be a disaster for our democracy should Frist succeed, I can't but help hope that Jim Lampley (one of the few pleasant surprises of THB) is right, although I wouldn't want the Democrats to have such power to abuse either. (I know you find this shocking, but I am neither a "liberal" nor a Democrat, I am an Independent who simply finds the current administration, and the cretins who currently weild power in the Republican party to be a bunch of fascit thugs.)

Lord Acton: "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home