Chris's Rants

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Judy reads from her notes

My Four Hours Testifying in the Federal Grand Jury Room - New York Times:
According to my notes...
Blah, blah, blah. What dreck. According to my notes. What? She forgot about the substance of the interviews and is telling us only what is written in her notes?

What a hack she is.
My notes indicate that well before Mr. Wilson published his critique, Mr. Libby told me that Mr. Wilson's wife may have worked on unconventional weapons at the C.I.A.
That would be on June 23rd, well before the Wilson op-ed piece. Once again, this proves conclusively that the major players in this scandal have lied to cover-up their crime. Whether they realized it to be a crime or not is irrelevant.

Seems to me that "Scooter" is in a pickle. He's going down.
As I told the grand jury, I recalled Mr. Libby's frustration and anger about what he called "selective leaking" by the C.I.A. and other agencies to distance themselves from what he recalled as their unequivocal prewar intelligence assessments. The selective leaks trying to shift blame to the White House, he told me, were part of a "perverted war" over the war in Iraq.
No, it was the CIA trying to get the truth out that the war in Iraq was based on lies and cherry-picked intelligence spread by the White House.
On one page of my interview notes, for example, I wrote the name "Valerie Flame."Yet, as I told Mr. Fitzgerald, I simply could not recall where that came from, when I wrote it or why the name was misspelled.

I testified that I did not believe the name came from Mr. Libby, in part because the notation does not appear in the same part of my notebook as the interview notes from him.
How conveeenient!
"No briefer came in and said, 'You got it wrong, Mr. President,' " he said, according to my notes.
Oh, come on! Gimme a break! What a bald-faced lie. Before Dubya used the infamous 16 words in the SOTU speach, the CIA Director had explicitly requested that mention of Iraq's alleged attempts at aquiring uranium from Niger be removed from numerous speeches.
Mr. Libby also told me that on the basis of these two reports and other intelligence, his office had asked the C.I.A. for more analysis and investigation of Iraq's dealings with Niger. According to my interview notes, Mr. Libby told me that the resulting cable - based on Mr. Wilson's fact-finding mission, as it turned out - barely made it out of the bowels of the C.I.A. He asserted that George J. Tenet, then the director of central intelligence, had never even heard of Mr. Wilson.
Sorry, that simply isn't believable either. Wilson was the former ambassador to Iraq, the one to told Saddam, to his face, to f*** off.
I said I couldn't be certain whether I had known Ms. Plame's identity before this meeting, and I had no clear memory of the context of our conversation that resulted in this notation. But I told the grand jury that I believed that this was the first time I had heard that Mr. Wilson's wife worked for Winpac. In fact, I told the grand jury that when Mr. Libby indicated that Ms. Plame worked for Winpac, I assumed that she worked as an analyst, not as an undercover operative.
Poor Scooter... he is sooo screwed.
I told Mr. Fitzgerald that I was not sure whether Mr. Libby had used this name or whether I just made a mistake in writing it on my own. Another possibility, I said, is that I gave Mr. Libby the wrong name on purpose to see whether he would correct me and confirm her identity.
Oh, please.
Mr. Fitzgerald asked my reaction to Mr. Novak's column. I told the grand jury I was annoyed at having been beaten on a story. I said I felt that since The Times had run Mr. Wilson's original essay, it had an obligation to explore any allegation that undercut his credibility.
Jeez, don't ever write an op-ed piece, negative of the administration, for the Times! Judy thinks it is her obligation to undercut your credibility. What a partisan hack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home