Chris's Rants

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Turkey's in the oven

... and it's a monster; +25lbs worth! It barely fits in the pan/oven. I had to get up before dawn to make the stuffing and get the bird in the oven before 6 am so that it will be done by the time everyone gets here just after noon.

I make a mean turkey, if I do say so myself. My secret is that I baste the bird with a pound of butter melted in 1.5 liters of a good chardonnay. I put a bunch of coarsely chopped carrots, onion and celery in the pan and continue basting with the pan drippings (which are mostly wine and butter in addition to the turkey juices:-).

The house smells really good, and I probably get a bit of a buzz from the aroma:-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate the holiday.

I guess I have a lot to be thankful for, despite the outcome of the recent US elections. I have a family who love me, a nice house (in the middle of nowhere, or as Steve recently commented "a place so remote that only a single supply plane goes in and out of there every week"), a good job even though it does involve lots of travel... I can't complain about the frequent flier miles:-) Hey, I get to travel all over the world and hang out with really smart people... how cool is that!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home