Chris's Rants

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What a maroon

Wonkette - Bush Vocabulary Watch
An anonymous source tips us that "dissemble," the word that President Bush nearly nailed on his first try during today's presser, was Dictionary.com's "Word of the Day" yesterday.
Okay, so it was Wonkette and I thought it was just a joke, because after all, Doofus did mispronounce "dissemble" as "disassemble" today during his press conference. Checking though, "dissemble" was yesterday's WOTD. OMG! What a maroon. (For those of you who did not grow up with Bugs Bunny, that was his malapropism for "moron"). This is the leader of the free world; an ignoramous who can't even get the WOTD right at a press conference.

I wonder if possibly the WOTD is finding its way into other Bushisms.
  1. palindrome -- Bush: "I don't get it."
  2. supplicate -- snicker... yeah, right. Maybe only in the context of say a few Congress-critters supplicating themselves to the DoJ.
  3. labile -- Bush to aide: "Call those folk at dictionary.com and tell them to change the wotd for today; that word isn't in my vocabulary." Aide: "Erm, sir, that's the whole point."
  4. traduce -- Bush to McClellan: "Let's really traduce Newsweek on this Koran-flushing story." McClellan: "Huh?"
  5. claque -- Bush to Rove: "The people at my 'Townhall Meeting's on Social Security seem to be a claque." Rove: "No shit, Sherlock."
  6. frisson -- Bush to Laura ...
  7. extempore -- Bush to Rove: "I don't need that stinkin' wire this time, it itches. I'm gonna give my press conference extempore." Rove: "Not on my watch."
  8. cosset -- Bush to Barney: "C'mere boy, I'm gonna cosset you." Barney: "Arf!"
  9. aver -- Bush to Laura after Cessna attack: "I aver to you, sweetums, the Secret Service dudes never told me you were in danger!"
  10. wayworn -- Bush to press on Air Force One returning from Europe: "I'm so wayworn from this trip."
  11. ameliorate -- Bush to Rove: "We need to ameliorate my poll numbers".
  12. concomitant -- Bush to PM of Latvia: "I'd like to introduce you to my comcomitant, Laura."
  13. triskaidekaphobia -- Bush: "Triska-wha?"
  14. indolent -- Bush: "Those damn senators are really indolent. They never give my nominees an up-or-down vote."
  15. lenity -- Bush: "Lenity, I tell ya, that's why those damn Democrats are getting so uppity. We're too lenity." Aide: "Ah, sir, that's lenient."
  16. camarilla -- Bush to cabinet: "I appreciate you all coming here today. I consider you my camarilla."
  17. ablution -- Bush to Laura: "I'm coming! I need to finish my ablution."
  18. untoward -- Bush: "I don't like the untoward signs from the senate on this Bolton nomination."
  19. menagerie -- Bush: "Menage-a-trois?"
  20. presage -- Bush to Sec'y Snow: "Have those damn social security actuaries presage me some better numbers! The people aren't buying my privatization plan."
  21. abnegate -- Bush to Cheney: "With this nuculer option, aren't we abnegating the Republican's right to filibuster when we're in the minority?" Cheney: "OMG, you put the wotd correctly in context!"
  22. faction -- Bush: "Those damn 14 Senators are a faction that needs to be stopped!"
  23. pallor -- Bush to Frist: "What's with the pallor? You don't look good." Frist: "I miscounted the votes on the Bolton cloture motion. They've got a filibuster!"
  24. suffuse -- Bush: "I want to see democracy suffuse throught all the countries of the world."
  25. artifice -- Bush to Rummy: "We need some artifice to beat these insurgent terrorists!"
  26. saturnine -- Bush: "I'm so saturnine over the loss of the nuculer option."
  27. lionize -- Bush to Rove: "When my term is over, they're gonna loinize me."
  28. finical -- Bush to Laura: "Barney is sure acting finical lately. He won't eat his kibble."
  29. pliant -- Bush to advisors: "We need to find a pliant replacement for Rehnquist. What about Justice Thomas?"
I left the last two off because Wonkette did such a masterful job of covering them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home