Chris's Rants

Monday, October 24, 2005

Wil-maaaaaaaahhhhh! part deux

My son just called from Boca Raton, Fl. Just before 10 am ET, the eastern eye wall of Wilma had passed over his location and the eye was directly overhead. He reported lots of damage in his apartment complex; trees down and windows broken. Fortunately, both his apartment and car were spared any damage at least for the first, and worst half of the storm. He still has a couple hours of severe weather to go through. Thankfully, the storm is moving very fast and constantly gaining speed.

This is his 5th hurricane since moving down there in may of last year.

I myself am headed down to Tampa, Fl. later this afternoon for the WS-I community meeting. I was scheduled to fly down this morning... obviously, not a good idea <grin/> ... but managed to get a flight later in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home