Chris's Rants

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Take that!

Via georgia10 at DKos - U.S. Senator Russ Feingold (emphasis mine):
FEINGOLD: It seems to me appropriate, when the spin machines are
out there and people are using various language, to come out and reiterate my reasons for doing this.

I think that the press decided immediately that somehow this was a bad thing for Democrats and a good thing for conservatives. The
facts don't bear it out. You don't have the polls to prove it.
The way my colleagues are responding to me suggests to me they're thinking about this, that they feel that there has to be some accountability.

So the instant decision about what the story is, actually, I think is going to backfire on those who made up the story. I don't get the feeling that I had on Monday about this -- yes, people were concerned -- I'm not getting that.

And if the right wing really believes in this country that -- Rush Limbaugh and others -- that they can somehow turn the president's reputation around by saying, 'You're darn right he violated the law,
and it's a good thing,' I think they're just as confused as they are about their Iraq politics. People aren't buying it anymore.

So not only do I not regret it, I felt an absolute obligation to do it.
This guy rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home