Chris's Rants

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

The hardware gods are not smiling on me

I must have really ticked off the hardware gods recently... possibly retribution for the comments I made regarding keyboard designers to kick off my blog last month. Both my thinkpad, and now my phone have gone to "panvalet heaven" as a colleague used to call it. My T30 just started rebooting itself without notice last night, or else simply froze up the keyboard/display necessitating a reboot. The frequency with which this symptom struck seemed to grow exponentially. In any event, I now get absolutely nothing upon reboot but some beeps on rare occasion.... sigh. And my phone, which worked just fine earlier this afternoon, has decided that it can no longer find its base station despite repeated attempts to reprogram the base station id in the handset.
Fortunately, a new T40 is winging its way to me as I write this, hopefully in hand by tomorrow. I guess I'll need to go down to Best Buy for a new phone as well. I really liked my phone while it lasted, hope I can find something equivalent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home